We’re sorry but applications are currently closed. Please sign up for our newsletter to know when applications re-open.
Who Can Apply?
Artists at any point in their career, living anywhere in the world, and working in any medium are welcome to submit an application.
Gallery Owners are encouraged to submit applications for artists they represent and/or for a curated residency where the gallery chooses all of the residents (up to 3) for a certain period of time.
Curators are welcome to submit applications to curate a residency where they choose one or all of the resident artists (up to 3). We also welcome curators to apply to The Residency for up to a two week period to meet Miami-based artists and tour museums, local studios and galleries.
Other Residencies are welcome to submit their artists to be a part of our residency. We are eager to work with other residency programs around the world.
How to Apply
All applications must be in hard copy and include:
- Artist CV
- Artist statement that provides background on your work as a whole. What inspires you? What you hope to evoke from your viewers? How your work has grown and changed.
- Specific project you propose for the residency. Please describe whether this is an extension of your current work or something completely new.
- The length of time requested for the residency, up to two months, and why.
- The month(s) you would prefer. Please let us know how flexible you are.
- At least 10 images of your work, CD is fine.
- Published books and/or press
- 3 Character references; written letters provided with the application. We’re looking for both references on your work, as well as, you as a person.
If you are a gallery owner, please:
Let us know if you would like to handle any sales of the artists’ work. We are not a gallery, therefore any work that is sold during or after the residency would be handled directly by the artist unless you tell us otherwise. We respect the relationships and agreements between artists and galleries and therefore want to be sure this is clarified up front. Please be aware that as part of the residency one piece from each artist that is completed during the residency will be selected to be included in the permanent collection of the residency.
If you are an independent curator, please:
Include a curatorial statement as to how and why you have chosen the artist(s).
Let us know if you would like to host an artist talk and/or exhibition at the end of the residency as well as any agreements you have regarding the sale of any work. Please be aware that as part of the residency one piece from each artist that is completed during the residency will be selected to be included in the permanent collection of the residency.
If you are another artist’s residency, please:
Let us know if you would entertain accepting applications from our artist and other ways we might be able to collaborate
Provide a link to be included on our partner’s page.
Where to send the application:
All applications must be in hard copy. Please send 2 copies to:
The Fountainhead Residency
5600 N Bayshore Drive
Miami, FL 33137
If you have additional questions, please email us!